A Warning To Booking Paranormal Locations

Discuss anything in general about the paranormal here.

Site Admin

Post by kentpara » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

A Warning To Booking Paranormal Locations

Can see this happening to some other unsuspecting group read below:

I would just like to warn you of a place our team investigated on Halloween. We all should have investigated Halloween. The investigation was to have started at about 11PM but it did not start till about 12.30AM the next morning, due to the pub landlord double booking us and not ending the second booking at the time it was supposed the end.

We had booked and paid £400 for the whole pub and rooms for the whole night, months in advance. then the landlord tells us he's now got a Halloween party going on, on the same night. He also said in another email, its ok they will be gone by 11PM, then changed it to they were going to move to the barn so that we could start our investigation with out any noise. This did not happen and the landlord had vanished for the night, no one knew where he was. When we complained and said that the people in our group wanted their money back, the barmaid tolled the DJ that he would have to finish at about 12. He was booked till 1AM, and because He did not like that, he told everyone in the pub that he had to stop because of the ghost BUSTERS.

This now meant we had paid £400 for three and a half hours and although we had booked all the rooms for the night (Which meant we had them till 10AM) we was asked to leave because the barmaid was tired. It was the most disappointing ghost investigation we have ever done. So please be warned that if you book to investigate the Chequers inn Smarden Nr Ashford Kent you could get the same treatment. If you do book don’t pay all the money upfront like we did.

Grabbed from front page of this site:

http://www.essexandkentparanormal.co.uk/

Post by ravenmews » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 am

Re: A Warning To Booking Paranormal Locations

That's good to know. Maybe draw up some kind of contract to guard against this in the future? Though I'm not sure it would be legally binding. Worth a try for some peace of mind though.

Site Admin

Post by kentpara » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi Paul

Welcome to Kent Paranormal and as a rule of thumb most public houses are not good places to hire due to pubs not wanting to close in business hours amongst other reasons.

kentpara

Post by ravenmews » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 am

Thank you, Kentpara.
I'm very much enjoying it so far. Its great to find a place I can talk about local hauntings/locations.

Yeah I suppose they're nervous about upsetting regulars. Its a real shame because there are so many pubs that would be great to investigate. Most have ghost stories. The Coopers Arms in Rochester is an interesting one, as I'm sure you know.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Paul.

Return to “The Paranormal Forum”